Secret Sale – Creators Guide
- All Creators are welcomed to apply; original mesh is not required to participate in the Secret Sale. Our selection is made based on the quality and creativity of a Creator’s items and the quality of their ad images. We also take into consideration how well similar products have performed at past events.
- Brands wishing to participate in the Secret Sale MUST have an mainstore location in-world.
- Creators wishing to participate in the Secret Sale MUST be able to meet strict deadlines and follow all instructions provided. Participants who regularly fail to meet deadlines or the event requirements as described below will be not be invited back.
- Items MUST BE Yes Copy/ No Transfer.
- Items MAY NOT be XXX or pornographic in nature. Furniture that features adult animations is permitted however no genitalia or sex acts should be shown on any images submitted.
- Items MAY NOT be repeated more than once every 3 months at the event.
- Items DO NOT need to be new or exclusive to the event. However we do encourage new releases where possible and will give better placement on the HUD to those with at least one new release included in their setups.
- Items priced at L$50 during the event must have a normal sales price of L$150 or higher.
- Items prices at L$99 during the event must have a normal sales price of L$199 or higher.
- Where possible we encourage Creators to use the L$50 pricing option. The increased volume of sales and goodwill from customers that this price point brings more than makes up for the price difference. However we do acknowledge that items utilizing mesh templates and full perm animations often have TOS pricing requirements that will not allow an item to be listed for less than L$99. We also understand that some items due to their complexity or higher than average normal sales price are best suited to the L$99 price point. Creators will in no way be penalized for using the higher price point where needed. However the minimum normal sales prices as stated above apply in all cases.
- Vendor scripts are provided by the event and are REQUIRED for participation.
- Store Displays MUST be prominently displayed and easily located by shoppers and include the following:
1. Secret Sale Vendors
2. Secret Sale HUD Dispenser
- Store Displays have MAY NOT have more than 8 Secret Sale Vendors.
- Images MUST have their event price clearly displayed. Price point overlays are provided in the Setup Kit. Images that have not been properly marked will not be included in the HUD or shopping guide.
- Images MUST be submitted in PNG or JPG format. We cannot use TGA format photos as they are not browser compatible.
- Images MUST be sent in at 1024 x 1024; any images not sent in at these dimensions will be auto-reformatted and compressed. Quality of the image may be decreased during this process so please be sure to submit the appropriate dimensions.
- Images MUST include your store name at the front and numbered in order you wish them to be displayed on the HUD.
- Images MAY NOT be XXX or pornographic in nature; no genitalia or sex acts should be shown on any images submitted.
- Creators may setup on either Wednesday or Thursday of every week ONLY.
- The setup deadline for the Secret Sale is 11:59pm SLT on Thursday every week. In order for your setup to be complete you must have done the following:
1. Setup your in-store display with the required Secret Sale HUD Dispenser and a maximum of 8 Secret Sale Vendors.
2. Uploaded your properly named, correctly sized and properly price marked images HERE
- Deadlines are enforced without exception. If you have not fully completed your setup as described above by the deadline then your store will not be included in the event. Refunds are not given for missed deadlines. and we are unable to reschedule.
- Secret Sale Management will test vendors, download ad images, organize the HUD and prepare the shopping guide and other promotional material on Friday immediately following the deadline so the event is ready for its midnight launch.
- If an issue is found with one of your vendors you will be notified early Friday morning and will be responsible for fixing any issues prior to the event opening at midnight. Vendors still broken at launch will not be listed at the event.
- Vendors will automatically turn themselves on Saturday morning at 12AM SLT (midnight) and turn themselves back off on Monday at 11:59 PM SLT then auto-delete themselves immediately after to avoid any confusion for shoppers.
- To track sales Creators may touch any of their active vendors and select “View Sales” from the pop-up menu. We reccomend Creators bookmark this link for future use and do not share it with others.
- Creators that would like to save their sales records are able to download their CSV files on either Tuesday or Wednesday following the event. Sales records are automatically purged from the system on Thursdays.
- Submitting an application DOES NOT guarantee that someone will receive a place at the event. The application form is simply a way of registering your interest in the event.
- Applications are reviewed by Management on the 22nd of every month. Each application is processed in the order in which it was received.
- Returning Creators are selected based on the variety, creativity and quality of items previously listed with the event as well as their past popularity with our customer base.
- New Creators are selected based on the creativity and quality of their example items and the quality of their ad images. We also take into consideration how well similar products have performed at past events.
- On the 23rd of each month the new roster will be released on the website and participating Creators will receive a notecard from management letting them know they have been selected.
- Once the roster has been released participating Creators will be expected to pay their participation fees in the Secret Sale Payment room before 11:59pm SLT on the 26th. Failure to pay the participation fees by the deadline means forfeiting your dates and they will be assigned to someone on our waiting list.
- The Secret Sale allows a max of 45 participants per round; 10 of which are for Sponsors with the remaining 35 places being rotational.
- Rotational Creators are allowed a max of 3 dates per month however will generally receive 1 or 2 dates depending on their requested schedule and current availability. The participation fee for Rotational Creators is L$2500 per round.
- Sponsoring Creators are guaranteed a spot in every round that month and will be listed in the top 10 lineup on the HUD and shopping guide. The participation fee for Sponsors is L$3500 per round.
- Creators can request to have their Brand added to the Sponsor Waitlist on their date request forms. Returning Sponsors are given priority during selection each month.
- Sponsors are selected based on brand recognition, overall ad and item quality and current popularity with our customers based on past performance at BellaTECH events.